What Does Democracy Mean to You?
For years, we’ve taken it for granted. We rolled our eyes at the dysfunction in Congress. Then we voted the same people right back in. Gradually, we started to believe there was little point in voting. It wouldn’t change anything. Regular people don’t seem to matter much to Washington.
No wonder so many Americans have dropped out of democracy.
Rich donors mattered. Getting re-elected mattered – even if you had to cheat to do it. Working together to find solutions became an unforgivable sin. It’s crazy! We wish we could tell you Bob Olsen can change all that. But we’re not going to lie – democracy is not a one-person, magic-wand thing.
It’s a one person, one vote thing.
Since Washington has lost sight of us, we’re going to have to step up. Peoria, step up. Gladstone, step up. AZ 08 – step up. We have to do what Congress cannot (or will not) do: Work together to improve the lives of as many ordinary Americans as we can.
Are you registered to vote?
Get Bob Olsen on the Ballot
Statewide Arizona 2014 Midterms
Eligible Voters in AZ
Votes in 2014 Midterm
Roughly 1 in 3 people vote
You Can Vote:
- If you’re a US citizen
- A resident of Arizona (in your district’s county)
- At least 18 on or before November 6, 2018
- More info here
Quick Facts About Bob Olsen
I’ve been married to my wife Linda for nearly 30 years. We have two beautiful daughters and two handsome grandsons. I welcome the challenge of working together to break the gridlock in Washington and better serve the people of Arizona as US Representative for Congressional District 8.
- Retired military veteran – 10 years active duty, 22 in the reserve, recalled twice following 9-11
- Analyst for Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command (JPAC)
- Trainer for US Navy security forces
- Retired first responder
- Firefighter, Union vice-president, negotiator, and shop steward
- 9/11 Operator
- Police Officer
- Lawyer serving primarily modest means families and indigent defense
- Volunteer Sheriff’s Posse dispatcher and patrol officer
Where Bob Stands
- Every man, woman, and child in this country deserves, and should have, quality healthcare.
- Pre-K through 12th grade educational funding is inadequate and misdirected.
- Clean energy – solar and wind – will power our state, keeping energy costs affordable.
- The quality and availability of veteran care must always be fully funded and effectively supervised
- Bigotry, cruelty and discrimination toward others is absolutely wrong and cannot be tolerated.
- We are a state and a nation made stronger by the people who seek a the promise of a better life in America.
- Automation is quickly becoming a reality, and those displaced by automation will have little to fall back on.
“Solar power is the future for Arizona. We’re not going back to higher electric bills because some lobbyist thinks we should.”
Bob Olsen, 2018